- A Trip to the Beach Living on Island Time in the Caribbean
- Most Beautiful Caribbean Islands – The Grenadines – S4:E32
- Essence Escapes: The Caribbean island of Martinique Is A Trip You Need To Add To Your Bucket List
- BOAT LIFE: An ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE on the OCEAN!
- HOW TO Choose the RIGHT Caribbean Island for Your Vacation-A Caribbean Island Guide
- Catch and Cook: Spearfishing CARIBBEAN FISH, 🔥 on the Beach!
- 24 HOURS on the SMALLEST ISLAND in the Caribbean | Saba Travel Vlog
- This Island In The Red Sea Is Covered in Shells?? | SAUDI ARABIA
- St Maarten, SXM – LIVING IN THE ISLANDS – Trip To Anguilla, CARIBBEAN!
- Living On Island Time
This is real tale of a trip to the coastline that endlesses. It’s regarding a couple that escape human being to build a little restaurant on an island paradise– and uncover that even heaven has its pitfalls. It’s a story full of disasters as well as funny, culinary calamities and also victories, and also indelible portraits of people who live and also work on a bit of beauty embeded in the Caribbean Sea. It’s about the maddening, stressful, extravagant difficulties of aiming to live the basic life– and the happiness that comes when you somehow draw it off.
The tale begins when Bob as well as Melinda Blanchard sell their successful Vermont food business as well as determine, probably impulsively, to obtain far from it all. Why not open a coastline bar and grill on Anguilla, their favored Caribbean island? One point causes another and also the little grill transformeds into an enchanting restaurant that quickly draws four-star reviews and also a celebrity-studded clientele anxious for Melinda’s mouth-watering cooking. Amidst the mad speed of the Christmas “high period,” the Blanchards as well as their kitchen area staff– Clinton and Ozzie, the dancing sous-chefs; Shabby, the master lobster-wrangler; Bug, the dish-washing comedian– integrated like a fracture drill team. Or even during funny ruckus, there are moments of bliss.
As the Blanchards learn how to adapt to island time, they come to be ever before much more deeply affixed to the quirky rhythms and personalizeds of their brand-new home. Till catastrophe strikes: Hurricane Luis, a category-4 storm with two-hundred-mile-an-hour gusts, ravages Anguilla. Bob and Melinda study the wreckage of their cherished restaurant as well as question whether leaving Anguilla, with its many challenges, would be any type of much easier than walking out on each other. Caring, sexy, and uproarious, A Trip to the Beach is a love letter to a location that ends up being both home as well as getaway.
- Paperback: 295 pages
- Publisher: Three Rivers Press; Reprint edition (November 20, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780609807484
- ISBN-13: 978-0609807484
- ASIN: 060980748X
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.7 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces
- Customer Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 stars167 customer ratings