- Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders | Joshua Foer | Talks at Google
- 700 Strange Places: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders
- Atlas Obscura: Explorer's Guide for the World's Most Adventurous Kid
- "Book Talk" Guest Joshua Foer Co-Author "Atlas Obscura"
- Atlas Obscura: Seattle's Wonders
- Atlas Obscura: Second Edition
- Atlas Obscura: A travel guide like no other
- Dylan Thuras on “Atlas Obscura…” at Book Expo America 2016
- NIST F2: The Atomic Clock | 100 Wonders | Atlas Obscura
- Atlas Obscura with Dylan Thuras
It's time to leave the ruined course. Inspiring equivalent components wonder and wanderlust, Atlas Obscura celebrates over 700 of the strangest and most interested areas worldwide.
Talk about a container listing: here are all-natural wonders– the dazzling glowworm collapse New Zealand, or a baobob tree in South Africa that's so big it has a pub inside where 15 people can drink comfortably. Building marvels, including the M.C. Escher-like stepwells in India. Overwhelming events, like the Baby Jumping Festival in Spain, where men dressed as devils literally vault over rows of wriggling infants. In addition to the Great Stalacpipe Organ in Virginia, Turkmenistan's 40-year hole of fire called the Gates of Hell, a graveyard for decommissioned ships on the coast of Bangladesh, eccentric bone museums in Italy, or a weather-forecasting innovation that was powered by leeches, still on display in Devon, England.
Produced by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras and also Ella Morton, ATLAS OBSCURA enjoy the odd, the unforeseen, the ignored, the hidden and also the strange. Every web page expands our sense of exactly how unusual as well as marvelous the globe truly is. As well as with its engaging summaries, thousands of pictures, shocking charts, maps for every single region of the world, it is a book to go into anywhere, as well as will certainly be as attracting the armchair traveler as the die-hard traveler.
Any individual can be a traveler. ATLAS OBSCURA is for the traveler.
- Publisher:Workman Publishing Company (September 20, 2016)
- Hardcover:480 pages
- Item Weight:3.22 pounds
- Dimensions:10.5 x 7 x 1.9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank:#38,884 in Books
- #2 in Bangladesh Travel Guides
- #2 in Turkmenistan Travel Guides
- #3 in New Zealand Travel Guides