- BRAUN/HOGENBERG. CITIES OF THE WORLD – Bibliotheca Universalis #Taschen
- Cities of the World: Bibliotheca Universalis
- Städte der Welt – Civitates Orbis Terrarum (Cities of the World) Taschen
- Braun / Hogenberg : Civitates orbis terrarum – Urbium praecipuarum
- PIRANESI. CATALOGO COMPLETO DELLE ACQUEFORTI – Bibliotheca Universalis #Taschen (leaf through)
- Ortelius' Typus Orbis Terrarum and Stoicism
- Old color Braun & Hogenberg’s bird’s-eye-view of Istanbul (NL-00002)
- 1575 de kaart van Braun en Hogenberg
- A CHRONICLE OF THE CRUSADES
- Virtual Travel via "Theatrum Orbis Terrarum"
Greater than 4 centuries on from its very first publication, find one of the jewels of metropolitan cartography and also public research studies. This quality reprint consists of the most enchanting color plates from the Civitates orbis terrarum, a magnificent collection of town map inscriptions, produced in between 1572 as well as 1617.
Including strategies, bird’s-eye views, and also maps for all major cities in Europe, plus important city facilities in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, this masterwork in urban mapping offers us a thorough view of city life at the turn of the 17th century. It was edited and annotated by theologian as well as publisher Georg Braun and largely inscribed by Franz Hogenberg, yet additionally entailed over a hundred various artists and cartographers who contributed not just community views, but extra aspects, such as figures in local dress, court scenes, and topographical details, to aid convey the scenario, business power, and political impact of each city.
TASCHEN’s reprint contextualizes home plates with chosen removes from Braun’s initial texts on the background and importance of each city facility in addition to thorough commentaries to place each city map in its cartographical as well as social context.
- Publisher:TASCHEN; Reprint edition (November 25, 2015)
- Hardcover:744 pages
- Item Weight:2.81 pounds
- Dimensions:6 x 1.75 x 8 inches
- Best Sellers Rank:#616,521 in Books
- #102 in Christian Bible Atlases (Books)
- #171 in World Atlases & Maps (Books)
- #241 in Historical Atlases & Maps (Books)