- PARIS: Europe's MEGACITY
- Paris – City of Lights
- Paris Vacation Travel Guide | Expedia
- The Invisible City Beneath the Streets of Paris
- Paris, Capital of the 19th Century
- Inside the Deadly Catacombs of Paris | Cities of the Underworld (S1, E5) | Full Episode | History
- Paris City of Lights: Beauty = Truth
- Vincent van Gogh art ALIVE – Atelier des Lumières (Paris, France) STARRY NIGHT
- Paris – City Video Guide
- Crosswalk the Musical in Paris – Les Misérables – #LateLateLondon
A shimmering account of the nineteenth-century reinvention of Paris as the most beautiful, interesting city on the planet
In 1853, French emperor Louis Napoleon ushered in a vast and also enthusiastic program of public works in Paris, directed by Georges-Eugène Haussmann, the prefect of the Seine. Haussmann transformed the old medieval city of repulsive shanty towns as well as disease-ridden alleyways into a "City of Light" characterized by broad boulevards, home blocks, parks, squares and also public monuments, new rail terminals and also outlet store, and also a new system of public cleanliness. City of Light graphes this fifteen-year job of metropolitan revival which– despite the disturbances of battle, revolution, corruption, and insolvency– set a design template for 19th and very early twentieth-century metropolitan preparation as well as produced the long-lasting landscape of contemporary Paris now so well-known around the globe.
Lively as well as interesting, City of Light is a publication for any individual that wants to know exactly how Paris ended up being Paris.