- An Evening with ADAM HIGGINBOTHAM, Author of Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story
- Michael Shermer with Adam Higginbotham — The True Story of What Happened at Chernobyl
- CHERNOBYL Official Trailer (2019) Untold True Story, HBO Nuclear Disaster Series HD
- ^READ Midnight in Chernobyl The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster Download PDF E
- Life Before the Chernobyl Disaster
- The impact of Chernobyl's nuclear disaster 33 years later
- MIDNIGHT IN CHERNOBYL – ADAM HIGGINBOTHAM
- Zero Hour: Disaster at Chernobyl Discovery Channel (2004)
- Does HBO's new mini-series "Chernobyl" tell the real story?
- The Heroes of Chernobyl – Documentary
New York City TIMES BESTSELLER
Reporter Adam Higginbotham's conclusive, years-in-the-making account of the Chernobyl nuclear reactor catastrophe– and also a powerful examination right into exactly how publicity, privacy, as well as myth have obscured the true tale of one of the twentieth century's biggest catastrophes.
Early in the early morning of April 26, 1986, Reactor Number Four of the Chernobyl Atomic Energy Station exploded, setting off background's worst nuclear disaster. In the thirty years since then, Chernobyl has come to be lodged in the collective nightmares of the globe: shorthand for the spooky scaries of radiation poisoning, for an unsafe innovation sliding its leash, for environmental delicacy, and also wherefore can happen when an unethical and negligent state jeopardizes its people as well as the entire globe. Yet the real tale of the mishap, clouded from the get go by privacy, publicity, and also false information, has long continued to be in conflict.
Drawing on numerous hours of meetings carried out over the course of more than ten years, as well as letters, unpublished memoirs, as well as files from recently-declassified archives, Adam Higginbotham has actually created a harrowing and engaging narrative which brings the catastrophe to life via the eyes of the guys and women that experienced it firsthand. The outcome is a masterful nonfiction thriller, and the clear-cut account of an event that altered background: a story that is much more complicated, more human, and also a lot more frightening than the Soviet myth.
Twelve o'clock at night in Chernobyl is an enduring portrait of one of the terrific calamities of the twentieth century, of human resilience and also ingenuity, and the lessons found out when humanity seeks to bend the environment to his will certainly– lessons which, despite environment modification and other hazards, continue to be not simply crucial yet needed.
- Hardcover: 560 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster (February 12, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1501134612
- ISBN-13: 978-1501134616
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Customer Reviews: 4.8 out of 5 stars1,480 customer ratings