- See You in the Piazza: New Places to Discover in Italy by Frances Mayes
- Under the Tuscan sun with Frances Mayes
- Best Airbnb In Lucca, Italy | Travel Guide | View of the Piazza
- Padua, Italy, travel in the Old Town
- 12 Best Things to do in Trento, Italy
- Best of Rome Without the Crowds
- Naples Tourism Guide – Journey In Italy – Travel & Discover
- Under the Tuscan sun with author Frances Mayes
- 10 Things to do in Naples, Italy Travel Guide
- Piece of the Piazza – Relais Rione Ponte, Rome, Italy
The successful writer of Under the Tuscan Sunlight uncovers the hidden pleasures of Italy in a delicious travel narrative that crisscrosses the nation, with creative brand-new recipes celebrating Italian food.
Do not miss out on Frances Mayes in PBS's Dream of Italy: Tuscan Sun Special!
" Reading this book is a trip by itself."– The New York Times Book Review (Best Travel Books of the Summer).
The Roman Forum, the Leaning Tower, the Piazza San Marco: these are the views associated with Italy. However such landmarks only scrape the surface of this wonderful nation's offerings. In See You in the Piazza, Frances Mayes presents us to the Italy only the citizens know, as she and also her partner, Ed, eat and drink their way through thirteen areas– from Friuli to Sicily. In the process, she seeks out the cultural and historic treasures not discovered in typical guidebooks.
Frances invokes the glamour of the backstreets, the hubbub of the marketplaces, the dreamlike marvel of that room between lunch as well as dinner when a city cracks open to those that would roam or when a mind is drawn right into the web pages of a scrumptious publication– and reveals to us the tricks that just somebody who gets on intimate terms with a location could locate.
- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: Crown; First Edition edition (March 12, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0451497694
- ISBN-13: 978-0451497697
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1.4 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Customer Reviews: 4.2 out of 5 stars113 customer ratings