- Cities of the World: Bibliotheca Universalis
- Städte der Welt – Civitates Orbis Terrarum (Cities of the World) Taschen
- Braun / Hogenberg : Civitates orbis terrarum – Urbium praecipuarum
- Hiroshige: One Hundred Famous Views of Edo | Taschen || Book Presentation
- Discover the 16th Century Equivalent of Google Maps
- Gustav Klimt: Drawings and Paintings (small edition)
- Alchemy & Mysticism (The Hermetic Museum – Taschen) by Alexander Roob – Esoteric book review
- Salvador Dalí – The Paintings | Taschen
- Evento – Esposizione di acqueforti tratte da "Civitates Orbis Terrarum" – 1572 – 1618
- Leonardo Da Vinci: The Complete Paintings and Drawings – FLIP THROUGH and First Impressions
Greater than 4 centuries on from its very first publication, find one of the jewels of metropolitan cartography and also public research studies. This quality reprint consists of the most enchanting color plates from the Civitates orbis terrarum, a magnificent collection of town map inscriptions, produced in between 1572 as well as 1617.
Including strategies, bird's-eye views, and also maps for all major cities in Europe, plus important city facilities in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, this masterwork in urban mapping offers us a thorough view of city life at the turn of the 17th century. It was edited and annotated by theologian as well as publisher Georg Braun and largely inscribed by Franz Hogenberg, yet additionally entailed over a hundred various artists and cartographers who contributed not just community views, but extra aspects, such as figures in local dress, court scenes, and topographical details, to aid convey the scenario, business power, and political impact of each city.
Continue reading Braun/Hogenberg. Cities of the World (Bibliotheca Universalis)