Fully revised 7th edition of this classic191-mile walk across from the Irish Sea to the North Sea,inspired by Alfred Wainwright.
Crossing three fabulous national parks – theLake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North York Moors – it samples thevery best of the English countryside – rugged mountains and lakes, gentle dalesand stone-built villages; wild moorland; sea cliffs and fishing villages.
• 10 town plans and 109 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 –showing route times, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest and muchmore. These are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkersfor walkers.
• Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entiretyover two weeks or sampling the highlights on day walks and short breaks
• Practical information for all budgets – camping, bunkhouses, hostels,B&Bs, pubs and hotels; St Bees through to Robin Hood's Bay – where to stay,where to eat, what to see, plus detailed street plans
• Comprehensive public transport information – for all access points onthe Coast to Coast Path
• Flora and fauna – four page full color flower guide, plus an illustratedsection on local wildlife
• Green hiking – understanding the local environment and minimizing our impacton it
• GPS waypoints. These are also downloadable from the Trailblazerwebsite
• Plus extra colour sections: 16pp colourintroduction and 16pp of colour mapping for stage sections (one stage per page)with trail profiles.