All-in-one hiking route guide and maps to the Cotswold Way, a 102-mile National Trail that runs from Chipping Campden to Bath, following the beautiful Cotswold escarpment for most of its course. The trail leads through quintessentially English countryside with little villages of honey-coloured stone to the well-known town of Bath. Includes 44 large-scale maps (3 1/8 inches to 1 mile); 9 town plans and 8 overview maps. Full details of all accommodations and campsites, restaurants and pubs; plus full public transport information. Plus day-walks.
Fully revised and rewalked 3rd edition.
• 44 large-scale walking maps – at just under 1:20,000 –showing route times, places to stay, points of interest and much more
• 9 town plans – Chipping Campden, Broadway, Winchcombe, Cheltenham, Painswick, Dursley, Wotton-under-Edge, and the city of Bath
• 8 area maps and trail profiles
• Itineraries for all walkers – whether walking the route in its entiretyover seven to eight days or sampling the highlights on day walks and shortbreaks
• Practical information for all budgets – camping, bunkhouses, hostels,B&Bs, pubs and hotels; Chipping Campden to Bath – where to stay, where toeat, what to see, plus detailed street plans
• Comprehensive public transport information – for all access points onthe Cotswold Way.
• Flora and fauna – four page full color flower guide, plus an illustratedsection on local wildlife
• Green hiking – understanding the local environment and minimizing ourimpact on it
• Bath city guide
• Includes downloadable gps waypoints