- The MOST beautiful villages in the Provence, France!
- Yvoire – One of the most beautiful villages in France
- Slow Travel in Provence | Gordes & Roussillon
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGE IN FRANCE! || Alsace, France
- Roussillon, France. Full HD. 1920 x 1080p. Provence's most beautiful red stone village.
- Conques – One of The Most Beautiful Villages in France
- Most Beautiful Villages of France – Roussillon en Provence – Le Luberon
- Travel France: Come visit Seillans, prettiest village in Provence
- France's Most Beautiful Villages – France Travel Guide
- Gordes, Roussillon, Lourmarin – Le Vaucluse – Les 100 lieux qu'il faut voir – Documentaire complet
True Provencal spirit comes alive here through photos and expressive accounts of the best-loved of all French provinces.
Provence is a land apart, a region of superior elegance and difference that has interested outsiders since earliest times. The Greeks, the Romans, the barbarians of the North, and also the Moors have all left their traces in its villages, from the Luberon to the Alpes-Maritimes.
It is in such smaller sized areas that the true Provencal spirit can be discovered: in brilliant sunshine dropping across the snugly organized terra-cotta roof coverings, or in the color underneath wonderful airplane trees in an ancient square. Such scenes come active right here in Hugh Palmer's photos and Michael Jacobs' expressive accounts of one of the most lovely towns of this, the favorite of all French provinces.
Guide opens with the villages of the Vaucluse and also the Bouches-du-Rhone, the region of such building treasures as Bonnieux as well as Gordes. Moving eastern to the Var as well as ultimately the hills of the Alpine departments, we go to tranquil towns of the facility like Les Arcs, established amidst a few of the finest wineries of southerly France. In raw contrast are the fortified hill villages of the east, set down on crests or terraced along some mountainside. 299 shade illustrations
- Series: The Most Beautiful Villages
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson; 1 edition (May 29, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0500289964
- ISBN-13: 978-0500289969
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 0.8 x 9.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Customer Reviews: 4.3 out of 5 stars22 customer ratings