- Lac D'Estaing Snowshoeing
- Hike across the Pyrenees on the HRP
- How to research walking in the Pyrenees
- Expert session – Cicerone guidebooks; perspectives on the outdoor market – Joe Williams, Cicerone
- Picos de Europa – The Cares Gorge or "La Garganta Del Cares" – the best hike in Spain ?
- Dolomiti Alta Via 2 (part III), Italy
- How to Plan and Hike the Haute Route, Tour of Mont Blanc, and Other Hikes in the European Alps!
- Hiking The Haute Route | A Full Length Adventure Film through Switzerland | 4K
- The GR5 trail through the French Alps: week2 Chamonix to Modane
- The GR5 Highlights from Lake Geneva to Nice
Vital manual of strolls and climbs up in the Pyrenees, with over 170 day strolls, multi-day walks, climbing paths as well as mountaineering ascents. Covers all valleys and peaks on both sides of the border with France as well as Spain, with via courses and also comes to a head to bag, as an introduction to one of Europe’s finest range of mountains.
The energetic walker, trekker and also climber is ruined for choice. There are beautiful valleys and also passes to stray and summits of 3000m and also even more within the reach of most hill pedestrians. The landscape has lots of variety and comparison, with Alpine-style optimals, small glaciers, deep gorges and also greater than a thousand mountain lakes. The array is likewise referred to as the ‘flower garden of Europe’, and also the wildlife consists of various types rarely seen somewhere else on the continent. Since the initial version showed up in 1978, Walks and also Climbs in the Pyrenees has actually come to be accepted as the reliable guide to the array and also has actually been continually updated and also in print. For centuries the Pyrenees were rejected as holding little of importance to the mountain climber as well as hill walkers neglected them nearly completely. But all that has actually changed as well as the Pyrenees have currently end up being the focal point for hill lobbyists of all degrees of dedication.
The guidebook divides the array right into 21 sections, consisting of Andorra, the Ordesa National Park, the Carlit Massif, Gavarnie as well as the Cirque du Lescun to name a few. Each location consists of practical information on traveling, accommodation as well as mountain sanctuaries, as well illustration mapping. In between short, half-hour walks, to 12-day expeditions and also 25 summits, this guidebook will aid any kind of pedestrian, mountain climber or traveler experience the most effective of the Pyrenees.
- Publisher:Cicerone Press Limited; 6th edition (March 30, 2015)
- Flexibound:416 pages
- Item Weight:1.08 pounds
- Dimensions:4.83 x 0.9 x 6.88 inches
- Best Sellers Rank:#1,282,872 in Books
- #841 in General Spain Travel Guides
- #1,526 in General France Travel Guides
- #1,678 in Mountain Climbing